Using a hearing aid presents a number of advantages to a hearing-impaired person. First and foremost, you will hear a lot better. Hearing aids do not restore your hearing to normal, but they improve it significantly. It becomes easier to hear what other people say. Sounds you have not heard for a long time such as birds singing, door bells ringing, the howling of the wind and water running, may become audible to you.
Hearing aids usually improve the user's social, psychological and physical sense of well-being.
Studies as well as experience show that hearing aids generally improve the quality of life and will help you:
- get a better relationship with your family
- feel better about yourself
- get better mental health
- improve your physical well being
- to concentrate better
- feel more independent and secure
- feel less tired or exhausted
- be more able to participate in social gatherings
- be able to increase your social contacts
- be able to do better in your job